Re: [Distillers] Bourbon Recipe

  • G&N
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 2001
      Thanks for that ...does that recipe taste anything like the commercial bought bourbon??

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2001
        Sorry Kez, once I got this one right I have stuck to it.
        All I can suggest is try different flavours and experiment
      • Bill van den Engel
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2001
          to G&N
          Try it. Being of Dutch extraction I started using the Spirits unlimited because it was cheap

          to cd n ca
          Used Jack Daniels Barrels broken into chips and supplied through N.Z. homebrew shops
        • brain_solenoid
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 29, 2003
            Colleagues,

            I'm looking for a good Bourbon recipe. I am aware of posting #2883
            from the Recipes List in the Files section, but it's for Oak
            application only and not a wash recipe.

            I checked Homedistiller.org, but it must be somewhere in a section
            not listed as Bourbon.

            Thanks!
            BS
          • brain_solenoid
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2003
              I found what I was looking for in Tony's site, although please feel
              free to post recipes anyway. There's an excellent write-up on
              Bourbon under "Commercial Spirits".

              Sorry for the fire drill.

              BS

              > Colleagues,
              >
              > I'm looking for a good Bourbon recipe. I am aware of posting #2883
              > from the Recipes List in the Files section, but it's for Oak
              > application only and not a wash recipe.
              >
              > I checked Homedistiller.org, but it must be somewhere in a section
              > not listed as Bourbon.
              >
              > Thanks!
              > BS
            • abeck111
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 27, 2006
                Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies,

                About a year or so ago there was an excellent recipe on this group. I tried it and it was
                perfect. I have been very busy and unable to stay involved. I have searched all the Bourbon
                recipies and have not been able to find it. I believe it called for 10 lbs of corn and 6 lbs of
                Barley (malted). I seem to have misplaced it. Do any of you recall it? Any and all help would
                be very much appreciated. I am looking forward to getting back to the hobbie.

                Drew
              • abeck111
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 27, 2006
                  Looking forward to it Bill

                  Drew
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 27, 2006
                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abeck111" <abeck111@...> wrote:

                    > Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies,
                    >
                    > About a year or so ago there was an excellent recipe on this
                    group. I tried it and it was
                    > perfect. I have been very busy and unable to stay involved. I
                    have searched all the Bourbon
                    > recipies and have not been able to find it. I believe it called
                    for 10 lbs of corn and 6 lbs of
                    > Barley (malted). I seem to have misplaced it. Do any of you
                    recall it? Any and all help would
                    > be very much appreciated. I am looking forward to getting back to
                    the hobbie.

                    > Drew

                    Recipes
                    Links to posted recipes