Re: [Distillers] Everclear/Alcool

  • greg tufts
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      The Canadian Equivalent
      "Alcool
      Pure grain alcohol. Known in the States as Everclear.
      The kind person who described Screech has this to say:
      "The name Alcool actually comes from the french word
      "alcool" (kind of pronounced like alco-ol, like alcove
      and awl, but no v) which means alcohol, (obviously)
      but since there is no other product name on the
      bottle, people have come to calling it "Alcool",
      rhymes with tool, instead of no-name alcohol. Alcool
      is also easier to say than alcohol when inebriated."
      He notes that it may just be an Ontario thing, but
      someone else tells me it's available in Quebec too."
      (An American's Guide to Canada)
      The bottle in Canada is like a noname liquor bottle.
      I think alcool is French for alcohol.
      First exposure myself on a train from Quebec.
      cheers
      greg
      --- suitcase1498 <suitcase1499@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      For those interested about Everclear 95%ABV Grain
      Alcohol here is a
      link to the company that makes it. Click on the Brands
      once you get
      there then click on Everclear.
      www.davidsherman.com

      Suitcase