Re: Amazing still second distillation question

  • btyler12000
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2005
      When you run the three litres through again at what point do you
      stop the distillation? How much spirit will come out of 3 litres?
      1 litre, 2 litres??

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Roderick Holmes
      <pure95percent@y...> wrote:
      > You run the 3 Liters through again without diluting to get the
      higher alcohol content and purity.

      > I believe if you start with 10-15% beer after the first run it
      will go up to 25-40% alcohol. On the second distillation it can go
      up to 50-60%. A lot depends on the initial strength of the beer.
      This is why a high ABV turbo wash is usually suggested. I think Gert
      Strand makes the 24 and 48 hour turbo specifically for the amazing
      still.

      > btyler12000 <btyler1@h...> wrote:
      >

      > After you complete the primary distillation with the amazing still
      and
      > end up with 3 liters of spirit, to run this through again do I
      need to
      > add water to the 3 liters of spirit first? The first distillation
      > stop when the spirit reaches 3 liters but when do I stop the
      second
      > distill? Thanks

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.