Another activated carbon question.

  • suitcase1498
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26 5:24 PM
      When adding the activated carbon directly to the product how long does
      it take for the carbon to work ??? Thanks.

      Suitcase
    • deanlil@pnc.com.au
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27 4:22 AM
        the Oak that I purchased is from Country Brewer in Australia and is 100gm
        American Oak.
        According to the local store it was JD oak chips, Ive had a look and on the web
        site there doesn't appear to be a link to ask questions I.E. the origin and
        history of the chips any help/Knowledge as to the origin would be appreciated.

        This Obviously will help me to deside as to the use and preperation of my chips
        in the conditioning of my spirits.

        Any help appretiated.
        Dean.
      • David W Lunsford
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27 7:45 AM
          Hi, Dean...I simply grabbed some oak chunks that were to be used in the
          smoker for the rare company cookout...I dont know if it's white, American,
          or what...all I know is that it works wonders....maxtonnage

          At 10:22 PM 3/27/05 +1000, you wrote:

          >the Oak that I purchased is from Country Brewer in Australia and is 100gm
          >American Oak.
          >According to the local store it was JD oak chips, Ive had a look and on
          the web
          >site there doesn't appear to be a link to ask questions I.E. the origin and
          >history of the chips any help/Knowledge as to the origin would be
          appreciated.

          >This Obviously will help me to deside as to the use and preperation of my
          chips
          >in the conditioning of my spirits.
          >
          >Any help appretiated.
          >Dean.

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • popwahtosh
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27 11:35 AM
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "suitcase1498" <suitcase1499@a...>
            wrote:

            > When adding the activated carbon directly to the product how long
            does
            > it take for the carbon to work ??? Thanks.
            >
            > Suitcase

            ===============

            I leave it in for a minimum of 2 days. Some just leave it in 'till
            ready to use.

            I would think, the longer the better.

            Pop
            ============
          • Roderick Holmes
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 27 7:27 PM
              Suit,
              When I am making vodka, I let is sit for a minimum of 2 weeks shaking the jar daily. One month is even better. I start noticing improvement after one week.
              Roderick

              suitcase1498 <suitcase1499@...> wrote:

              When adding the activated carbon directly to the product how long does
              it take for the carbon to work ??? Thanks.

              Suitcase

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT