gas

  • Glen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      Has anybody heard of accidents or had one whilst distilling on fire or gas stoves? Cant decide wether or not it is worth the risk?
    • Pete Sayers
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2001
        Provided you have HEAPS of ventilation, in the old days of our infamous history here in Southland, we had the old Hokonui Moonshiners in the hills around the district, doing their stilling using fires, but they were working illicitly in the hills, and had to hide their stills. However i havnt heard of any explosions etc.As long as you are aware that you are producing a highly volatile mix, and you have plenty of ventilation you maybe ok. But think seriously about using electric elements.
        Pete