RE: [Distillers] some comments please

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2001
      Steven,

      You should be able to find a good thermometer for quite cheap. I use a
      digital one from our local electronic gizmo shop (Dick Smith Electronics) -
      I'm sure you should be able to find a local equivalent supplier. It is only
      NZ$29 (US$13) and accurate to 0.1C

      http://marketplace.xtra.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/803582892/Product/View/
      Y5031

      (you may need to rejoin this URL if it gets wrapped into two lines by Yahoo)

      Regarding your design ... looks good. I'd reckon to make the reflux coil
      internal, so that you offer the greater surface area for cooling to the
      vapour. Also - I presume you intend to have the packing so that its the
      full height of the column (only drawn short for convenience ?). Unpacked
      bits of column are just a waste of space - the taller the packed area the
      better the purity will be

      Tony