Re: Grappa Rookie

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Ed Long <kandeent@y...> wrote:
      > Here is some more info, I find it interesting too!

      > http://www.cipriani.com/cipriani/Food/grappae.htm (Shows process,
      good info!)

      Definitely interesting history. I guess we can forgive the typo. I
      assume it should read 'kilograms', not grams. :-)

      <extract>
      On average, a hundred grams of grape pomace without stalks yields
      from four to eight liters of grappa with an alcohol level of 70%.
      </extract>

    • Mike Nixon
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2005
        Harry wrote:
        Subject: [Distillers] Re: Grappa Rookie

        Definitely interesting history. I guess we can forgive the typo. I
        assume it should read 'kilograms', not grams. :-)

        <extract>
        On average, a hundred grams of grape pomace without stalks yields
        from four to eight liters of grappa with an alcohol level of 70%.
        </extract>
        You must be thinking of Australian grapes Harry. The grapes in that part of
        the world are very juicy.

        Tralala :-))
        Mike N