Re: [Distillers] Black berries was Re: wood chips

  • harle61274@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
      In a message dated 3/1/2005 12:44:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      stevolate@... writes:

      > when flavoring. I let things set for 2 month minimum when using
      fruit (black
      > berries, black cherries ect).
      > harle

      Hi Harley
      How do you use the Black berries.

      Thanks

      Stevo

      Quart If shine about 1 inch of fresh berry's and 1/4 cup sugar let sit on
      shelf for 2 month min. It filters what I call the nasty's out and gives it
      flavor of the fruit just like I do with wood. you can use any fruit well almost,
      I haven't tried bananas or orange, but it has to be fresh ive tried frozen
      and dint get the same results. Just tried some lemon it might be ok. Pecans are
      real good to. Take a fresh peach cut it in half and put it in the jar mmmmm
      good
      harle

    • stevolate
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
        > Quart If shine about 1 inch of fresh berry's and 1/4 cup sugar let
        sit on
        > shelf for 2 month min. It filters what I call the nasty's out and
        gives it

        > good
        > harle

        Thanks Harle
        What percentage spirit do you add to berries?
        I will add sugar and let sit 2 months.

        Happy Drinking

        Stevo
      • harle61274@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
          In a message dated 3/2/2005 4:07:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          stevolate@... writes:

          > Quart If shine about 1 inch of fresh berry's and 1/4 cup sugar let
          sit on
          > shelf for 2 month min. It filters what I call the nasty's out and
          gives it

          > good
          > harle

          Thanks Harle
          What percentage spirit do you add to berries?
          I will add sugar and let sit 2 months.

          Happy Drinking

          Stevo

          Stevo I was cutting it to 100 to 110 now Ive started cutting it to 95 ,
          havent got any done at 95 to try yet wanted to see it it made it more palatable.

        • stevolate
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
            > Stevo I was cutting it to 100 to 110 now Ive started cutting it to
            95 ,
            > havent got any done at 95 to try yet wanted to see it it made it
            more palatable.

            Thanks Harle
            Mine is mixed with 95% abv will see how it goes.
            Thanks for help

            Happy drinking

            Stevo
          • harle61274@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2005
              k good luck let me know how it gose Ive tried caned and froze but found
              freash is better