Black berries was Re: wood chips

  • stevolate
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1 12:42 AM
      > when flavoring. I let things set for 2 month minimum when using
      fruit (black
      > berries, black cherries ect).
      > harle

      Hi Harley
      How do you use the Black berries.

      Thanks

      Stevo
    • harle61274@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1 4:24 AM
        In a message dated 3/1/2005 12:44:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        stevolate@... writes:

        > when flavoring. I let things set for 2 month minimum when using
        fruit (black
        > berries, black cherries ect).
        > harle

        Hi Harley
        How do you use the Black berries.

        Thanks

        Stevo

        Quart If shine about 1 inch of fresh berry's and 1/4 cup sugar let sit on
        shelf for 2 month min. It filters what I call the nasty's out and gives it
        flavor of the fruit just like I do with wood. you can use any fruit well almost,
        I haven't tried bananas or orange, but it has to be fresh ive tried frozen
        and dint get the same results. Just tried some lemon it might be ok. Pecans are
        real good to. Take a fresh peach cut it in half and put it in the jar mmmmm
        good
        harle

      • stevolate
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2 4:04 AM
          > Quart If shine about 1 inch of fresh berry's and 1/4 cup sugar let
          sit on
          > shelf for 2 month min. It filters what I call the nasty's out and
          gives it

          > good
          > harle

          Thanks Harle
          What percentage spirit do you add to berries?
          I will add sugar and let sit 2 months.

          Happy Drinking

          Stevo
        • harle61274@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2 4:45 AM
            In a message dated 3/2/2005 4:07:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
            stevolate@... writes:

            > Quart If shine about 1 inch of fresh berry's and 1/4 cup sugar let
            sit on
            > shelf for 2 month min. It filters what I call the nasty's out and
            gives it

            > good
            > harle

            Thanks Harle
            What percentage spirit do you add to berries?
            I will add sugar and let sit 2 months.

            Happy Drinking

            Stevo

            Stevo I was cutting it to 100 to 110 now Ive started cutting it to 95 ,
            havent got any done at 95 to try yet wanted to see it it made it more palatable.

          • stevolate
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2 4:57 AM
              > Stevo I was cutting it to 100 to 110 now Ive started cutting it to
              95 ,
              > havent got any done at 95 to try yet wanted to see it it made it
              more palatable.

              Thanks Harle
              Mine is mixed with 95% abv will see how it goes.
              Thanks for help

              Happy drinking

              Stevo
            • harle61274@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2 8:16 AM
                k good luck let me know how it gose Ive tried caned and froze but found
                freash is better