hello pete sayers and ken campbell

  • Brian Poke
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2001
      yes i'm one of those professionals you mention ken i did almost 40 yrs as a technical grain brewer/grain distiller then saw the folly of my ways [working] and semi-retired,,,we actually were contract distillers designing operating for clients etc etc ,,,,,by the way professional only means i got paid ,doesn't mean i was any good ,,,,but your sodium carbonate idea is exceptional in fact in the very old days the distillers "floated" soap on top of the wash in the still to stop foaming,,,,,,,sorry no "roast",,,,,however if you are going to speak french at least spell it right,,,,,what you said in french is a musical instrument ,,,,, i think you meant voila not viola oh! ces't la vie ,,,,before you flame me,,people from the french canadian provinces,, that was/is norman dialect

      nothing is new we just improve on it,, i have an intense regard for the old "boys" as does another member this group deb brewer, they learnt the hard way

      now pete sayers it's your turn, thought you'd missed out eh! good way to evaluate alc.vol in wash but a far more accurate way [although still not perfect],as this allows for real attenuation as opposed to apparent attenuation,,,,multiply the diff. x 0.129

      may the sun shine on our solar stills,,,,,,,,,,brian
    • Procule le Guizou
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27, 2001
        --- In Distillers@y..., "Brian Poke" <bjfm@o...> wrote:
        > yes i'm one of those professionals you mention ken i did almost 40
        yrs as a technical grain brewer/grain distiller then saw the folly of
        my ways [working] and semi-retired,,,we actually were contract
        distillers designing operating for clients etc etc ,,,,,by the way
        professional only means i got paid ,doesn't mean i was any good
        ,,,,but your sodium carbonate idea is exceptional in fact in the very
        old days the distillers "floated" soap on top of the wash in the still
        to stop foaming,,,,,,,sorry no "roast",,,,,however if you are going to
        speak french at least spell it right,,,,,what you said in french is a
        musical instrument ,,,,, i think you meant voila not viola oh! ces't
        la vie ,,,,before you flame me,,people from the french canadian
        provinces,, that was/is norman dialect

        > nothing is new we just improve on it,, i have an intense regard for
        the old "boys" as does another member this group deb brewer, they
        learnt the hard way

        > now pete sayers it's your turn, thought you'd missed out eh! good
        way to evaluate alc.vol in wash but a far more accurate way [although
        still not perfect],as this allows for real attenuation as opposed to
        apparent attenuation,,,,multiply the diff. x 0.129

        Humm.. multiplying by 0.129 or dividing by 7.75 isn't the same thing ?

        Procule