RE: mike or tony or aaron or rob or someone ====mel recondensor water

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2000
      Hello
      re your condensing system ,if you describe your layout a bit better i may
      be of some help i'm hopeless with electricals ,but cooling/heat exchanging
      ok.!

      If you've seen John Stones Still head, from his book Making Gin and Vodka,
      it is pretty close to what I want, let me know if you are not fimiliar with
      it and I will attempt to draw it up and send next post.

      why is your water flow slow???

      I am going to distill about 150 feet from the house in a small work shop,
      it does have hydro, but no water, I can have a garden hose from the house,
      but we have a small water tank and use a sand point well with a piston pump,
      which is not all that efficient, and after running the water for awhile the
      pressure drops considerable, if I have to run for a few hours I am pretty
      darn sure I would run out of water :>(( The work shop does house my beer
      fridge though so I don't mind being back there :>))

      with your elements so close to the base of the still body can you get
      your hand under to clean??

      Yes a bottle brush can slid under the elements, I like clean so I will
      probably unscrew and remove both heating elements anyway to flush out the
      system real good. I have about a 4" opening in the top of the boiler so I
      can get in there without much trouble.

      Regards Mel