Re: Another Element Controller Question

  • popwahtosh
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "suitcase1498" <suitcase1499@a...>
      wrote:

      > Ok I've got a portable electric heater bought it at walmart for
      > $20.00 US it has a thermostat controller on it, it is 2000 watts,
      why
      > wouldn't the controller out of it work ??? TIA
      >
      > Suitcase
      ==========================
      It will cause surging. You need a steady, even heat source.

      Pop
    • suitcase1499@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        In a message dated 2/2/2005 12:25:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        popwahtosh@... writes:

        It will cause surging. You need a steady, even heat source.

        Pop

        Thanks Pop I didn't know, so I need something that will cut it down not on
        and off???

        Suitcase

      • Lindsay Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          They both control the temp by switching on and off but it is a matter
          of how frequently they do it. A crude thermostat controller might turn
          on and off at 5 min intervals, say, whereas a sutronics type
          controller does it so rapidly that the effect, with the thermal
          inertia of a lot of liquid, is of a stable lower voltage. Thus
          constant temp and no surging.

          Cheers,
          Lindsay.