Re: inverting sugar

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
      I use black label or batch yeast. These seem to work fine on white
      sugar.

      However, I have noticed a marginal improvement in drinkable yield
      when I boil the sugar mix with water treated to pH=5 or so. Also,
      my notes say that the fermentation time is marginally reduced (from
      8 days to 6.5 days - I ferment at 19C to 21C)

      Try it both ways, let us know the results.

      Mark