Re: [Distillers] Re: What I was drinking at the weekend

  • greg tufts
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2005
      The recipe i follow is
      From Cordials From Your Kitchen by Pattie Vargas and
      Rich Gulling:
      � 1 1/4 cups sugar
      � 1 1/4 cups water
      � 1 1/4 cups honey
      � 1 1/4 cups vodka

      Boil sugar and water together until clear, then stand
      until just warm.
      Combine syrup, vodka and brandy in a clean 1-quart
      container. COver and
      shake vigorously to blend. This will produce a foam on
      the top, as the
      beeswax in the honey is released. Skim off foam and
      discard. Cover and
      let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month before
      serving.
      I use gunther andersons site as inspiration in
      making liquours
      http://www.guntheranderson.com/liqueurs/flavors.htm
      greg
      --- Bill Healey <billhealey@...> wrote:

      Whats the quantities involved and any other
      ingredients?
      Cheers and thanks in advance.
      Bill