Old Commercial stills

  • horn_harold
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2005
      I have a couple of commercially made copper stills, one is about one
      gallon capcity and the other about two gallon, both have warning tags
      soldered to the front of the boiler. These are very neat "pot"
      stills with the round retort head, (yes I use them). Does anyone
      out there know who manufactured these little jewels and what time
      frame were they made. Thanks HH
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2005
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "horn_harold" <horn_harold@y...>
        wrote:

        > I have a couple of commercially made copper stills, one is about
        one
        > gallon capcity and the other about two gallon, both have warning
        tags
        > soldered to the front of the boiler. These are very neat "pot"
        > stills with the round retort head, (yes I use them). Does anyone
        > out there know who manufactured these little jewels and what time
        > frame were they made. Thanks HH

        Pics would help, or at least a 'word for word' of the warning tag.
        I broke my crystal ball last night when I fell off the table after
        my second bottle of scotch. :-))

      • Levi Langershank
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2005
          Exactly,what were you doing on the table ,prior to falling off?...:>)

          >From: "Harry" <gnikomson2000@...>
          >Subject: [Distillers] Re: Old Commercial stills
          >I broke my crystal ball last night when I fell off the table after
          >my second bottle of scotch. :-))
          >
          >Slainte!
          >regards Harry

        • horn_harold
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2005
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 24, 2005
              wrote:
              > > >From: "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...>
              > > >Subject: [Distillers] Re: Old Commercial stills
              > > >I broke my crystal ball last night when I fell off the table
              after
              > > >my second bottle of scotch. :-))
              > > >
              > > >Slainte!
              > > >regards Harry

              Found another one! :-)
              (Thanks Mike for reminding me I had plenty) ;))
              (Levi, you don't wanna know about that table episode) ;))

              My new crystal ball says the maker 'may' be this fella...
              http://www.hogacompany.com/distillers.htm

              Beautiful work.

            • Levi Langershank
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 24, 2005
                ...yes Harry...in retrospect,it is probably more info than I
                require......hey!....consenting adults...in their on home.....I respect