Re: Spent wash

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, king pin
      <kingpin_kingpin2001@y...> wrote:
      > Very interesting indeed Harry, I'm assuming the
      terminology "backslopping dunder" refers to redistilling the pot
      remnants? Or is that just a very nasty term for French kissing a
      rather ugly woman? Lmfao.

      > Regards,
      >
      > KP

      Oh, how the mind boggles! :-)
      In my day that was 'tonsil hockey' or 'spit swappin''. Nowadays the
      kids say 'suck face'.
      Backslopping is the practice of using dunder (spent wash) as much as
      25% as part of the liquid in the new ferment or wort. Add molasses,
      yeast (if necessary, some reuse the lees as a sourmash), sugar and
      you're away on the next fermentation.