RE: [Distillers] Re: I have some ingriedents and need a recipe

  • Rana Pipiens
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
      Brendan, I should clarify my reply. DME will not convert unmalted grain but will ferment when yeast is added to it, like a pure sugar wash or a molasses wash. There is something called diastatic malt extract that I understand will convert grains since it has the enzymes in it but I haven't been able to find it here in California. Kam Pai. Rana

      Rana Pipiens <ranawater@...> wrote:Brenden, DME wiill require enzymes for conversion. Rana

      Brendan Keith <bkeith@...> wrote:

      P.S. Does anyone know if dried malt extract (DME) has any viable enzymes
      left in it, with which to convert, say, the corn, or do I need to use my
      grain malt?

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT