Re: [Distillers] silicone ring

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
      John Doe wrote:
      Subject: [Distillers] silicone ring

      I am looking for a 2 inch wide silicone ring. Where is the best place to
      find one in the states?
      ==================
      Hi Erif,

      Without the slightest idea where you live in that rather small country, how
      on earth can anyone advise you?
      Also, some notion of what "2 inch wide" would be very helpful.
      Please be more specific, and I'm sure that someone on the List will be able
      to help you.

      All the best,
      Mike N
    • David Eastham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pfcslr" <pfcslr@y...> wrote:

        > As far as personal opion goes I have no problem with aquarium
        > sealant. Just make a form (I use layers of cardboard screwed to a
        > utility table)and after you have your inner and outer diameters cut
        > out coat all surfaces of the resulting channel with dish soap. The
        > next is to step is to fill the channel with the sealant and smooth
        > the top. And lastly after curing (I usualy leave it for 3-5 days)
        > run your new custom gaskes through the dishwasher to make sure that
        > all of the dish soap is removed. If this helps you or saves you any
        > trouble thank the group, that's where I found it!

        I've used the same but pet jelly instead of dish soap.
        Dave E