Re: beer finnings

  • hwykicker
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@o...>
      wrote:

      > can i use beer finnings to clear a turbo yeast sugar wash?
      >
      > also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash once
      it
      > has fermented..
      >
      > i dont really want to buy the expensive turbo clearing product..
      >
      > thanks

      Hi,
      I agree with the other chaps, you really don't need finings. I have
      tried it both ways and found no benefit at all. I brew my Turbo 48
      for 2 weeks-with great results.
      Black.
    • Robert N
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
        Whilst I agree with Levi here about it not being that important, I find that
        if I let the wash stand for a couple of weeks with the airlock in place, the
        yeast will settle to the bottom. I find that if I get too much yeast into
        the boiler it stinks up the neighbourhood. I have tried all the various
        methods to drop the yeast out of suspension but nothing beats time. If you
        are in a hurry to knock down the yeast, place the fermenter into a fridge
        over night. Another thing you should do is double distil, you will find this
        most beneficial in obtaining a pure vodka from a sugar wash.

        Yours in Spirit

        Robert

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
          thanks for the answers guys..

          i decided to just chuck it in the still and give it a bash unclear,
          this is the first batch i have done in over a year so im a little
          thirsty..

          ill do a double distill though..

          on another note is the search function on this forum woeful or is it
          me.. it only checks a few messages at a time and im forever clicking
          next to move on to more :(..
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
            wrote:

            > thanks for the answers guys..
            >
            > i decided to just chuck it in the still and give it a bash unclear,
            > this is the first batch i have done in over a year so im a little
            > thirsty..
            >

            > ill do a double distill though..
            >

            > on another note is the search function on this forum woeful or is
            it
            > me.. it only checks a few messages at a time and im forever
            clicking
            > next to move on to more :(..

            Use these...
            http://archive.nnytech.net/sgroup/distillers/