Re: beer finnings

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
      You could also put it outside, the cold would clear it in no time.
      But like Levi said, I don't think it makes a differance.

      Cheers,
      Neil

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
      wrote:
      > The easiest and cheapest way is to set it aside and forget about
      it for a
      > week or so...works for me,but the only time I ever let a wash
      clear is when
      > I dont have time to strip it right away....clearing isnt that
      > important..IMPO...good luck...:>)
      >
      > >From: "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@o...>
      >
      > >Subject: [Distillers] beer finnings
      >
      > >also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash
      once it
      > >has fermented..
      >
      > >thanks
    • hwykicker
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@o...>
        wrote:

        > can i use beer finnings to clear a turbo yeast sugar wash?
        >
        > also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash once
        it
        > has fermented..
        >
        > i dont really want to buy the expensive turbo clearing product..
        >
        > thanks

        Hi,
        I agree with the other chaps, you really don't need finings. I have
        tried it both ways and found no benefit at all. I brew my Turbo 48
        for 2 weeks-with great results.
        Black.
      • Robert N
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
          Whilst I agree with Levi here about it not being that important, I find that
          if I let the wash stand for a couple of weeks with the airlock in place, the
          yeast will settle to the bottom. I find that if I get too much yeast into
          the boiler it stinks up the neighbourhood. I have tried all the various
          methods to drop the yeast out of suspension but nothing beats time. If you
          are in a hurry to knock down the yeast, place the fermenter into a fridge
          over night. Another thing you should do is double distil, you will find this
          most beneficial in obtaining a pure vodka from a sugar wash.

          Yours in Spirit

          Robert

          _____

          The easiest and cheapest way is to set it aside and forget about it for a
          week or so...works for me,but the only time I ever let a wash clear is when
          I dont have time to strip it right away....clearing isnt that
          important..IMPO...good luck...:>)

          >From: "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@...>

          >Subject: [Distillers] beer finnings

          >also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash once it
          >has fermented..

          >thanks

        • bubble777fckr
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
            thanks for the answers guys..

            i decided to just chuck it in the still and give it a bash unclear,
            this is the first batch i have done in over a year so im a little
            thirsty..

            ill do a double distill though..

            on another note is the search function on this forum woeful or is it
            me.. it only checks a few messages at a time and im forever clicking
            next to move on to more :(..
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
              wrote:

              > thanks for the answers guys..
              >
              > i decided to just chuck it in the still and give it a bash unclear,
              > this is the first batch i have done in over a year so im a little
              > thirsty..
              >

              > ill do a double distill though..
              >

              > on another note is the search function on this forum woeful or is
              it
              > me.. it only checks a few messages at a time and im forever
              clicking
              > next to move on to more :(..

              Use these...
              http://archive.nnytech.net/sgroup/distillers/