beer finnings

  • bubble777fckr
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2004
      can i use beer finnings to clear a turbo yeast sugar wash?

      also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash once it
      has fermented..

      i dont really want to buy the expensive turbo clearing product..

      thanks
    • Levi Langershank
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
        The easiest and cheapest way is to set it aside and forget about it for a
        week or so...works for me,but the only time I ever let a wash clear is when
        I dont have time to strip it right away....clearing isnt that
        important..IMPO...good luck...:>)

        >From: "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@...>

        >Subject: [Distillers] beer finnings

        >also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash once it
        >has fermented..

        >thanks

      • Neil
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
          You could also put it outside, the cold would clear it in no time.
          But like Levi said, I don't think it makes a differance.

          Cheers,
          Neil

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
          wrote:
          > The easiest and cheapest way is to set it aside and forget about
          it for a
          > week or so...works for me,but the only time I ever let a wash
          clear is when
          > I dont have time to strip it right away....clearing isnt that
          > important..IMPO...good luck...:>)
          >
          > >From: "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@o...>
          >
          > >Subject: [Distillers] beer finnings
          >
          > >also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash
          once it
          > >has fermented..
          >
          > >thanks
        • hwykicker
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@o...>
            wrote:

            > can i use beer finnings to clear a turbo yeast sugar wash?
            >
            > also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash once
            it
            > has fermented..
            >
            > i dont really want to buy the expensive turbo clearing product..
            >
            > thanks

            Hi,
            I agree with the other chaps, you really don't need finings. I have
            tried it both ways and found no benefit at all. I brew my Turbo 48
            for 2 weeks-with great results.
            Black.
          • Robert N
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
              Whilst I agree with Levi here about it not being that important, I find that
              if I let the wash stand for a couple of weeks with the airlock in place, the
              yeast will settle to the bottom. I find that if I get too much yeast into
              the boiler it stinks up the neighbourhood. I have tried all the various
              methods to drop the yeast out of suspension but nothing beats time. If you
              are in a hurry to knock down the yeast, place the fermenter into a fridge
              over night. Another thing you should do is double distil, you will find this
              most beneficial in obtaining a pure vodka from a sugar wash.

              Yours in Spirit

              Robert

              _____

              The easiest and cheapest way is to set it aside and forget about it for a
              week or so...works for me,but the only time I ever let a wash clear is when
              I dont have time to strip it right away....clearing isnt that
              important..IMPO...good luck...:>)

              >From: "bubble777fckr" <dr.ashmore@...>

              >Subject: [Distillers] beer finnings

              >also what is the best/easiest/cheapest way of clearing a wash once it
              >has fermented..

              >thanks

            • bubble777fckr
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
                thanks for the answers guys..

                i decided to just chuck it in the still and give it a bash unclear,
                this is the first batch i have done in over a year so im a little
                thirsty..

                ill do a double distill though..

                on another note is the search function on this forum woeful or is it
                me.. it only checks a few messages at a time and im forever clicking
                next to move on to more :(..
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
                  wrote:

                  > thanks for the answers guys..
                  >
                  > i decided to just chuck it in the still and give it a bash unclear,
                  > this is the first batch i have done in over a year so im a little
                  > thirsty..
                  >

                  > ill do a double distill though..
                  >

                  > on another note is the search function on this forum woeful or is
                  it
                  > me.. it only checks a few messages at a time and im forever
                  clicking
                  > next to move on to more :(..

                  Use these...
                  http://archive.nnytech.net/sgroup/distillers/