Extract Efficiency

  • joneskds@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2000
      Brian,
      I have a PC program that calculates it for me but basically every grain has
      an extractable percentage of extract available i.e 2 row barley 78% and by
      adding up the total available extract from the pounds used to actual extract
      extracted and amount total amount collected and its given Plato tells you your
      mash tun procedure efficiency. I'm sure you allready knew that, But like you say
      I'm lazy and the PC only takes me 2 seconds to calculate it verses 5 min of
      calc time. From what I've seen and read I best be adjusting to S.G. and Degrees C'
      You bet I'll yell. I'll let you know when I get started.
      Dino