New updates on wood (Lignocellulosic) ethanol

  • Steve Spence
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2001
      http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm

      Lignocellulosic materials such as agricultural, hardwood and softwood
      residues are potential sources of sugars for ethanol production. The
      cellulose and hemi-cellulose components of these materials are
      essentially
      long, molecular chains of sugars. They are protected by lignin, which
      is the
      glue that holds all of this material together.

      --
      Steve Spence
      Subscribe to the Renewable Energy Newsletter:

      Renewable Energy Pages - http://www.webconx.com
      Palm Pilot Pages - http://www.webconx.com/palm
      X10 Home Automation - http://www.webconx.com/x10
      sspence@...
      (212) 894-3704 x3154 - voicemail/fax
      We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
      we borrow it from our children.