dino ==fuggles==young des

  • BJ & FM Poke
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      dino=thanks,all well noted your last missive,you will get plenty of mouthfeel mashing at 68c[152f] i guess the brew would stop between 20-10 s.g. that's excellent yes alpha optimisation and no worries with head retention particularly if a fully both a fully modified malt AND a tad of protien[nitrogen] based yeast nutrient,did you intend kegging or bottling using nitrogen instead of co2 ==very very smooth

      thick mashes, as you and every one this news group knows, protect the enzymes but of course anyone running a full grain mash for distilling has a greater dilution rate than a brewer which indeed leaves our old friends the enzymes particularly beta a bit bare arsed, but usually enough survive because of lower mash temps.

      what sort of mash do you run step=decoction==infusion=rising infusion or my system of brute strength and ignorance [works every time]

      because we are a high security distillery,no public,no visitors ,locked doors etc. we run a grist of 6x ton /hr. with the high wines yielding only 20 metres away however the mill has huge dust extractors/and a bloody lot of magnets plus the malt house runs a severe magnet regime so if "she"goes it will only take me ,as it's pretty much semi-automatic the risk is limited

      are you using a plato readout on the balling scale or were you just speaking generally as your s.g./balling correlation was out==not being picky, but your table may be a misprint ,iv'e been in beverage research 38 yrs and these things stick out like dog's balls==????????????????

      congratulations on your venture,the scale of the facility means thats a pretty big restaurant ???

      try http://hbd.org/ an interesting site for all grain brewers/grain distillers

      fuggles mcfirkin==as they say in the classics "the name says it all" your forebears were obviously hop growers AND barrel makers ==try www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/ if this fails go via http://go.to/distil

      young des==are you on holiday???? when you change you web site at CODE IMPORTS do me a favour lose that pale green background i mean i love to look around in there and ray's site MOONSHINE SUPPLIES but my doctor has recommended to cure the nausea to take two aspirin and stop looking at the background to your excellent site[that second last word was the cream,to smooth my crit]

      what would be wrong with a combined boutique brewery /distillery ????????

      support your local home brew shop,will a supermarket give you brewing/distilling advice?????

      many regards to all ==brian