Re: [Distillers] Re: Question about Molasses

  • BestDecker
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2004
      Bill,
      If your interested, the "BULK BARN" in Canada, sells both black strap, and refiners (unsulphered) molassas in liquid form. Thirteen cents per 100 gms (if you are only looking at doing one batch at a time. If you want they will order in a 25 KG pail (complete with pouring spout) for around $25CDN plus tax ,of course!. They will even do a carry out to your car......Hope this is of some help, if you don"t locate any dried molassas.

      Bill Healey <billhealey@...> wrote:

      Hi Suitcase: Where do you get dryed molasses?

      What is the name or Trade mark of this stuff?
      Have you made any alcohol from it yet?
      What was the result?
      Any Suggestions on reconstitution of said molasses, and what amounts of dried do you use to make up a gallon batch?
      If I can get it in Canada, I will be quite happy to pay theat price for making a good rum.
      Thanks in advance for your answers.
      Bill...
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 18, 2011
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "dimasram" <dimasram@...> wrote:

        > I use molasses to distil, but the final product smell like molasses. How can Itake off this odor? This was my first run.
        > I am from Panama, I have a 50LPH column with a rectifier column. Here de molasses is about USD 0.70/Galon.
        > Rgds

        Carbon filtration is the only way to make a spirit completely free of impurities (colours, flavours, odors).