Re: [Distillers] first test run aka maiden voyage

  • David W Lunsford
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
      I can only reply to the first question....yes dissimilar metals can be
      BRAZED using fluxed brass wire and mapp or acet. gas....max

      At 01:18 PM 11/29/04 -0800, you wrote:

      >Hey gang,
      >
      >Ran the first official run today with a multitude of problems. So I have
      a few Q's. Boiler top leaked...I'm using aluminum..#1 is it possible to
      weld dissimilar metals? Such as aluminum to SS, copper etc.?

      >Even though I've attached an outter cooling coil as well to the internal
      one, the condensate is still extremely hot, ideas, suggestions? Or is
      that perfectly normal?
      offset head @ both ends even though its pretty tight.

      >Finally, I've seen talk in regard to carbon cleaning spirits. What do you
      all think about Brita water filters or even carbon filters used with deep
      friers? Would those work?