Re: Moonshining Laws in North Carolina

  • abeck111
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      Interesting article Suitcase. I would bet that most of the people
      referenced in the article (the shiners) are working from receipes
      and equipment designs that have been passed down from generations.
      Man wouldn't you love to try some of that, or at least glean some of
      their knowledge. Problem is, the consequences of trying to make it
      at that level could prove harmful financially and socially.

      One consulation is the State laws are at least somewhat reasonable.
      Although my belief is "It should not be Illegal" especially for
      One's own consumption.

      Drew

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "suitcase1498"
      <suitcase1499@a...> wrote:

      > I just found out that in NC it's just a misdemeanor for making
      your
      > own drink. They usually don't call in the Fed's if you're making
      less
      > than 150 gallons a week. Boy I wish a had a bigger still (LOL)
      Here