Moonshining Laws in North Carolina

  • suitcase1498
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      I just found out that in NC it's just a misdemeanor for making your
      own drink. They usually don't call in the Fed's if you're making less
      than 150 gallons a week. Boy I wish a had a bigger still (LOL) Here
      is a link to a good story about shinning and the law in NC.

      http://www.businessnc.com/archives/2002/05/moonshine.html

      Suitcase
    • abeck111
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
        Interesting article Suitcase. I would bet that most of the people
        referenced in the article (the shiners) are working from receipes
        and equipment designs that have been passed down from generations.
        Man wouldn't you love to try some of that, or at least glean some of
        their knowledge. Problem is, the consequences of trying to make it
        at that level could prove harmful financially and socially.

        One consulation is the State laws are at least somewhat reasonable.
        Although my belief is "It should not be Illegal" especially for
        One's own consumption.

        Drew

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "suitcase1498"