Re: Types of Wiskey

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ajdonnison" <adam@s...> wrote:

      > Its single and blended, not single and double. Single means the
      > output from a single distillation or distillery, blended, as the
      name
      > suggests is a mixture of different distillery outputs.
      >
      > Adam

      In essence you are correct Adam, and I agree. However there are
      some cheeky buggers down in Tassie called the "Small Concern Whisky
      Distillery" that market one in Europe they call 'Antipodean'. It's
      a blend of Scottish Springbank Single Malt and Tasmanian Cradle
      Mountain Single Malt (I guess the 'tongue-in-cheek' logic is that
      single + single = double. :-)
      Pic here...
      http://www.awa.dk/whisky/antipodean/

      They market the same item here in a different bottle and call
      it 'Cradle Mountain Double Malt'.

      The link on the above site is wrong. It's actually
      http://www.tasmanianwhisky.com.au/speed_test/sales.html

      At $67 AUD a bottle I think I'll leave it where it is. I can buy
      real Springbank for that price (if I had a mind to).