Re: [Distillers] Bourbon Flavoring

  • suitcase1499@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2004
      I am new myself but I will tell you what I have done and my friends didn't
      know it was homemade. I buy some hickory and oak chips made for grilling and
      bake them in the oven (tightly wraped in foil) I know to use foil as I had a
      fire in the oven once before. Then put the baked chips in a glass jar not sure
      on exact count but I'd say maybe 3 or 4 tablespoons to a quart. Warm it then
      chill it. They say every time you warm it and chill it is like 1 year aging.
      Anyway after that filter it a few times. I use a countertop water filter that
      has an activated carbon filter it does 1/2 gallon in about 1/2 an hour and I do
      it about 3 or 4 times. Gives it color and flavor. I put some in a Jim Beam
      bottle and my friends didn't know the difference.
      This is just my opinion.

      Suitcase