Re: [Distillers] looking for a schematic for 120v 1500 w element control

  • Roderick Holmes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2004
      I have the same element I am trying to control. Did lots of homework. I have an electronics background and could build my own but my time is short. Bought one off the shelf from Sutronics in England. They ship internationally and take credit cards. You fill out the online form. Print it out. Fax it to them with credit card info and signature.

      The triac system is the best as it does the switching electronically and very fast to keep heating even which is important. Much better than a stove element control (infinite switch).

      What you want is the model: BFM240-13 available from:
      www.sutronics.com

      Cost is around 30 pounds English money.

      Regards,
      Roderick

      loooiearmstrong <loooiearmstrong@...> wrote:

      id like to find something simple to build and use, maybe just a dial
      for more /less heat to allow better heat control then plug in unplug
      method now in use with electric kettle i have.

      i havent found anything in the search archives possibly due to
      not having the right keyword entered?

      cheers, loooie.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT