I found a copper still from NC Mtns. for sale

  • suitcase1498
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2004
      Today I was in the mountains of North Carolina visiting some old
      friends while on a business trip and stumbled across an old moonshine
      still. The boiler is homemade of copper and silver soldered. It's
      about 60 gallons but it's made more like a short barrell than the
      type I've most often seen. It's shorter than a 55 gallon barrell and
      fatter. It doesn't tapper off at the top it just has a 1 1/2" hole
      that the lyne arm fits in and is sealed with flour dough, the coper
      pipe or (lyne arm) comes up abput 6" then turns 90% degrees right it
      is 10' feet long and connects to a condenser coil ( worm) mounted in
      a 10 gallon steel bucket. the worm is made from 1/2" copper tubing.
      It has a 2 water hose connections for inlet and outlet of colant
      water. The man is asking $350.00 US for it. I am thinking thats not
      to high and am thinking of buying it. I'd like some input. What do
      yall think??? Is the price in the right range??? Thanks in advance.

      Suitcase