Re: Using malt syrrup

  • Sven Pfitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2004
      No, unless it is diastase Malt Syrup. This is used in the baking industry.

      You will need both Alpha Amalase and Beta Amlase to get good
      conversion. Alpha Amalase alone will not give you very good
      conversion. It will convert some, but your efficency will be very low.
      You can compensate for this by adding sugar and still get the corn
      characteristics.

      If you are trying to convert corn as the source of sugar, you will
      likely get very poor results.

      Sven