Re: [Distillers] Re: help with stainless couplings (can't find any)

  • _{*L*}_
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2004
      If you have welding equipment and the skills, you can take two identical small rings made from the column stock itself, cut them lengthwise a bit more than a half and weld it together. That should give you larger diameter coupling. You also can bring it to the mufler shop. I think they have heavy duty flairing equipment. You also can take stainless steel wire (if you find it) and wind a cylinder on your existing column. If you wind it tight and then solder it you will have a sort of coupling. If you have tool you can also make a threaded connection by putting threads on ends of each piece.

      Whatever is written above is my subjective opinion
      There are no warranties of any kind whatsoever
      You've been warned, act on your own risk
      And finally, I can be wrong I must say!
      Alex (aka BOKAKOB)
      _{*L*}_