RE: [Distillers] True cherry brandy

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      >My question is - at what point can it/should it be distilled.

      A fair bit of the waiting time with wine is to let it settle/clear. This
      isn't important if you're distilling it. If its still slowly fermenting
      out the last few grams of sugars during these last 3-4 months, then you are
      only going to be missing out on a small amount of alcohol by distilling
      early.

      Tony
    • hoponpopontoponmoponcop@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2001
        the other advantage of lettng the wine sit for a couple months is to
        soften the flavor. If you've got a pot still this will probably make
        some difference, but I'm not sure whether the difference will be
        better or worse. If you've got a reflux still I'm willing to bet
        that letting the wine sit the extra couple months won't buy you
        anything.