Re: [Distillers] Re: Is it possible to recover a culture from a sample of chinese rice wine?

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2004
      If you add 8% angkak (red fermented rice) to your cooked glutinous rice and Chinese rice balls you should get a similar mash. Some rice wines are fortified in a similar way to port wine production to obtain sweetness. wal
      Hi, Wal! after u mentioned word "fortified" I think I know that that particular sample was fortified. That is why it was pretty strong and had wine aftertaste. Thanks for very good links. Alex.

      Whatever I wrote above is my subjective opinion
      There are no warranties of any kind
      Act on your own risk and finally...
      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...