Re: Newbe and new equipment

  • popwahtosh
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2004
      Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
      beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
      scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
      conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
      of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
      That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.

      I'm sure that if your husband is as passionate about this new
      concept as you are, you will be very succesful in your endeaver.
      (although it's not all that new. Just to our generation.)

      PS I understand that many cars that were built in the last 10 years
      are alco. ready.

      Don't know if that applies to diesel. You would know better than I.

      Lot of luck

      Pop
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy" <rpk@g...> wrote:
      > Hi Pop,
      >
      > Or a person could visit Robert's web site at
      > http://www.alcohol4fuel.com/id36.html. Robert is one of the
      BioFuels
      > Energy Corporation founders. You can also contact George if you
      are
      > interested in a larger scale fuel ethanol production facility
      > (oertg@a...). We are making stills (plus the adjunctive hardware)
      > for production ranges of 70,000 to 1.5 million gallons a year.
      > Unfortunately we are not involved in backyard stills, which is
      exactly
      > what Robert has been promoting for over twenty-five years. And
      yes,
      > Robert has excellent information both personally and through his
      web
      > site which has over a thousand pages linked. Because his web site
      is
      > specific to making your own fuel, he gives simple explanations and
      even
      > has a neat little video clip attached. The Journey to Forever web
      site
      > is also very good. Robert offers plans to build your still in a
      manner
      > that passes TTB (BFAT) scrutiny for legally making your own fuel.
      For
      > larger production quantities, we offer enhancements above and
      beyond the
      > distilling process including a generator run by the biomass.
      (Well,
      > sorry for the reiteration. I must sound repetitive at times. I
      just
      > get so excited about the possibilities.) Now we are working on
      another
      > potential forest slash project. This makes three in the queue-all
      of
      > which are community economic development focused.
      >
      > I told my husband that I wanted to buy a fuel ethanol vehicle at
      this
      > time. Instead he seems to be selecting a biodiesel alternative.
      Well,
      > now, we will have to expand our focus to biodiesel production
      which is
      > also a part of BioFuels Energy Corp-just not something that I know
      much
      > about. Thanks to you people, I'm learning.
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > Peggy

      carby's/injectors
      > > here is
      > > > a link to a guide on modifying your car
      > > > http://terrasol.home.igc.org/alky/alky-contents.htm . if your
      > > adding
      > > > ethanol to fuel it must have very little water in it but if
      you
      > > running
      > > > purely on ethanol this isn't a problem as water and ethanol
      are
      > > miscible
      > > > in other words they like each other very much and mix.
      > > > Try Tony's site for as much distilling info as you can handle
      > > > http://homedistiller.org/ another option is type it into
      Google
      > > there's
      > > > plenty of sites covering just what your looking for.
      > > >
      > > > Dean.
      > > ...snip...

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
    • whynda
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
        wrote:
        > Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
        > beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
        > scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
        > conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
        > of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
        > That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
        >
        > hi Pop,
        Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at only
        30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
        engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-diesel
        from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
        mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in the
        last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there is
        no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You can
        use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol does
        make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-diesel
        is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
        agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.
      • dean
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
          Do you have a list of ingredients and instructions to make bio deisel.
          My father is interested in running his 4WD on it.

          Dean.

          whynda wrote:

          >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
          >wrote:
          >

          >>Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
          >>beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
          >>scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
          >>conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
          >>of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
          >>That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
          >>
          >>hi Pop,
          >>

          > Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at only
          >30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
          >engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-diesel
          >from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
          >mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in the
          >last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there is
          >no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You can
          >use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol does
          >make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-diesel
          >is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
          >agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Peggy
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
            Hello Dean,

            Contact biofuel@... They consolidated biodiesel and fuel ethanol
            into one group. However, 98% of the people are biodiesel people. Just
            like the distiller's group, they have seasoned producers, numerous
            reference sites, and newbes. The web site Journey to Forever also has
            all the information you could need to make your biodiesel. Many home
            catalogs are now offering small biodiesel production units for not too
            much money. Finding your consistent good source of oil will be the
            trick.

            By the way, if anyone is interested in producing a larger quantity of
            biodiesel for sale to others, we have a small manufacturing plant that
            makes fuel ethanol stills and biodiesel production units. Our smallest
            stils produce 70,000 gallons a year and the largest handles 1.5 million
            gallons per year. We are not set up for beverage quality ethanol and
            recommend total biomass production for the fuel ethanol (any cellulosic
            waste). Hopefully, I can get a web site up soon as a better reference.

            Best wishes,
            Peggy
            rpk@... Email

            whynda wrote:

            >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
            >wrote:
            >

            >>Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
            >>beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
            >>scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
            >>conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
            >>of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
            >>That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
            >>
            >>hi Pop,
            >>

            > Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at only
            >30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
            >engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-diesel
            >from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
            >mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in the
            >last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there is
            >no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You can
            >use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol does
            >make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-diesel
            >is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
            >agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • popwahtosh
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whynda" <hstuiber@s...> wrote:
              > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
              > > beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a
              grand
              > > scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a
              diesel
              > > conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame
              overhaul
              > > of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten
              grand.
              > > That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
              > >
              > > hi Pop,
              > Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at
              only
              > 30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
              > engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-
              diesel
              > from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
              > mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in
              the
              > last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there
              is
              > no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You
              can
              > use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol
              does
              > make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-
              diesel
              > is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
              > agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.

              I guess I should have been a little clearer. A person that is
              supposed to be an expert on this subject told me tht since the
              diesel engine has a much closer tolerance than gas engines, it is
              more likely to be damaged if you dont have enough experince to screw
              around with hiofuels conversions. He said it...not me. Of course, If
              you ask a lot of questions, you get a lot of answers, and the odds
              are, many of them are going to me wrong. You just have to hope you
              have enouge common sense to determine who is just pounding sand up
              your dress or who is credible.

              Pop said that!