RE: [Distillers] Re: Newbe and new equipment

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Pop,

      Or a person could visit Robert's web site at
      http://www.alcohol4fuel.com/id36.html. Robert is one of the BioFuels
      Energy Corporation founders. You can also contact George if you are
      interested in a larger scale fuel ethanol production facility
      (oertg@...). We are making stills (plus the adjunctive hardware)
      for production ranges of 70,000 to 1.5 million gallons a year.
      Unfortunately we are not involved in backyard stills, which is exactly
      what Robert has been promoting for over twenty-five years. And yes,
      Robert has excellent information both personally and through his web
      site which has over a thousand pages linked. Because his web site is
      specific to making your own fuel, he gives simple explanations and even
      has a neat little video clip attached. The Journey to Forever web site
      is also very good. Robert offers plans to build your still in a manner
      that passes TTB (BFAT) scrutiny for legally making your own fuel. For
      larger production quantities, we offer enhancements above and beyond the
      distilling process including a generator run by the biomass. (Well,
      sorry for the reiteration. I must sound repetitive at times. I just
      get so excited about the possibilities.) Now we are working on another
      potential forest slash project. This makes three in the queue-all of
      which are community economic development focused.

      I told my husband that I wanted to buy a fuel ethanol vehicle at this
      time. Instead he seems to be selecting a biodiesel alternative. Well,
      now, we will have to expand our focus to biodiesel production which is
      also a part of BioFuels Energy Corp-just not something that I know much
      about. Thanks to you people, I'm learning.

      Best wishes,
      Peggy

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2004
        Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
        beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
        scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
        conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
        of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
        That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.

        I'm sure that if your husband is as passionate about this new
        concept as you are, you will be very succesful in your endeaver.
        (although it's not all that new. Just to our generation.)

        PS I understand that many cars that were built in the last 10 years
        are alco. ready.

        Don't know if that applies to diesel. You would know better than I.

        Lot of luck

        Pop

      • whynda
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
          wrote:
          > Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
          > beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
          > scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
          > conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
          > of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
          > That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
          >
          > hi Pop,
          Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at only
          30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
          engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-diesel
          from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
          mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in the
          last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there is
          no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You can
          use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol does
          make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-diesel
          is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
          agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.
        • dean
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
            Do you have a list of ingredients and instructions to make bio deisel.
            My father is interested in running his 4WD on it.

            Dean.

            whynda wrote:

            >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
            >wrote:
            >

            >>Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
            >>beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
            >>scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
            >>conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
            >>of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
            >>That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
            >>
            >>hi Pop,
            >>

            > Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at only
            >30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
            >engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-diesel
            >from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
            >mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in the
            >last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there is
            >no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You can
            >use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol does
            >make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-diesel
            >is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
            >agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Peggy
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
              Hello Dean,

              Contact biofuel@... They consolidated biodiesel and fuel ethanol
              into one group. However, 98% of the people are biodiesel people. Just
              like the distiller's group, they have seasoned producers, numerous
              reference sites, and newbes. The web site Journey to Forever also has
              all the information you could need to make your biodiesel. Many home
              catalogs are now offering small biodiesel production units for not too
              much money. Finding your consistent good source of oil will be the
              trick.

              By the way, if anyone is interested in producing a larger quantity of
              biodiesel for sale to others, we have a small manufacturing plant that
              makes fuel ethanol stills and biodiesel production units. Our smallest
              stils produce 70,000 gallons a year and the largest handles 1.5 million
              gallons per year. We are not set up for beverage quality ethanol and
              recommend total biomass production for the fuel ethanol (any cellulosic
              waste). Hopefully, I can get a web site up soon as a better reference.

              Best wishes,
              Peggy
              rpk@... Email

              whynda wrote:

              >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
              >wrote:
              >

              >>Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
              >>beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a grand
              >>scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a diesel
              >>conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame overhaul
              >>of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten grand.
              >>That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
              >>
              >>hi Pop,
              >>

              > Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at only
              >30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
              >engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-diesel
              >from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
              >mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in the
              >last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there is
              >no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You can
              >use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol does
              >make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-diesel
              >is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
              >agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • popwahtosh
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 2, 2004
                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whynda" <hstuiber@s...> wrote:
                > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > Thanks for the info, Peggy.I had lost Robert's URL. I too am
                > > beginning to get interested in alco fuel, but not on such a
                grand
                > > scale. I'll have to really do my homework before I tackle a
                diesel
                > > conversion. My dealer told me that a complete out-of frame
                overhaul
                > > of the engine in my Dodge truck could cost upwards to ten
                grand.
                > > That's scary since the engine has only 30,000 miles on It.
                > >
                > > hi Pop,
                > Why are you considering taking the engine out of your truck at
                only
                > 30,000 miles? To run on Bio-diesel requires no modifcation of your
                > engine other than to maybe have a fuel heater to stop the bio-
                diesel
                > from solidifying in winter. Alternatively you run a mix of bio and
                > mineral diesel to stop it solidifying. Most diesel engines made in
                the
                > last ten years are able to run quite safely on bio-diesel as there
                is
                > no detrimental effect to seals or gaskets in these engines. You
                can
                > use either Methanol or Ethanol to make bio-diesel but Methanol
                does
                > make a better end product. Your engine will last longer as bio-
                diesel
                > is more slippery and thus you have less wear and it has a more
                > agreeable smell. My Peugeot loves it.

                I guess I should have been a little clearer. A person that is
                supposed to be an expert on this subject told me tht since the
                diesel engine has a much closer tolerance than gas engines, it is
                more likely to be damaged if you dont have enough experince to screw
                around with hiofuels conversions. He said it...not me. Of course, If
                you ask a lot of questions, you get a lot of answers, and the odds
                are, many of them are going to me wrong. You just have to hope you
                have enouge common sense to determine who is just pounding sand up
                your dress or who is credible.

                Pop said that!