Fed rules on fuel alcohol distilling

  • popwahtosh
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
      Here is the link that will take you to the regulations applicable to
      alcohol fuel plants. You only need to be concerned with Subpart Y
      of Part 19.
      Anyone producing alcohol strictly for fuel use must make
      application for a permit to do so. If you qualify as a small
      producer (less than 10,000 proof gallons per year), you do not need
      to post a bond or pay special occupational tax. You can use the
      alcohol you produce on your permitted premises but any alcohol taken
      off that premises must be denatured. Subpart Y addresses those
      materials and quantities that can be added to the alcohol for
      denaturation purposes.

      http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?
      c=ecfr&sid=3d6b6390ac58f5e5b15d89ce2e34a76e&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title27/2
      7cfr19_main_02.tpl

      If you have trouble with accessing that site, try
      www.ttb.treas.gov , selection "regulations", "alcohol" under
      the "Key Topics". From there you will want Title 27, Code of
      Federal Regulations, Part 19, which includes the Subpart Y I
      mentioned above.

      For those that don't know, you can COPY and PASTE the address into
      the 'search the web' box on your browser.

      Pop
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
        wrote:
        <snip>

        > http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?

        c=ecfr&sid=3d6b6390ac58f5e5b15d89ce2e34a76e&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title27/2
        > 7cfr19_main_02.tpl
        >
        > If you have trouble with accessing that site, try
        > www.ttb.treas.gov , selection "regulations", "alcohol" under
        > the "Key Topics". From there you will want Title 27, Code of
        > Federal Regulations, Part 19, which includes the Subpart Y I
        > mentioned above.
        >
        > For those that don't know, you can COPY and PASTE the address into
        > the 'search the web' box on your browser.
        >

        > Pop

        Pop, you can also set up a button to TinyURL on your browser links
        toolbar. One click, and a shortened URL is created for the long
        page address you are currently visiting. The new short URL is
        automatically placed on your clipboard, so all you have to do is
        PASTE (ctrl-v) to your message. Go here for the info...
        http://tinyurl.com/

        HTH
        Slainte
        regards Harry
      • popwahtosh
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@y...>
          wrote:
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
          > wrote:
          > <snip>
          > >
          > > http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?

          c=ecfr&sid=3d6b6390ac58f5e5b15d89ce2e34a76e&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title27/2
          > > 7cfr19_main_02.tpl
          > >
          > > If you have trouble with accessing that site, try
          > > www.ttb.treas.gov , selection "regulations", "alcohol" under
          > > the "Key Topics". From there you will want Title 27, Code of
          > > Federal Regulations, Part 19, which includes the Subpart Y I
          > > mentioned above.
          > >
          > > For those that don't know, you can COPY and PASTE the address
          into
          > > the 'search the web' box on your browser.
          > >

          > > Pop
          >

          > Pop, you can also set up a button to TinyURL on your browser links
          > toolbar. One click, and a shortened URL is created for the long
          > page address you are currently visiting. The new short URL is
          > automatically placed on your clipboard, so all you have to do is
          > PASTE (ctrl-v) to your message. Go here for the info...
          > http://tinyurl.com/
          >
          > HTH
          > Slainte
          > regards Harry

          Thanks a bunch,Harry...I learn something new every day.

          Pop said that.