Re: Becoming a comercial distiller

  • popwahtosh
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2004
      You're probably right on all the above, Scott. I'm just beginning to
      get into this permit thing. Will have to wait and see. May not want
      to get involved.

      Pop

      - In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Scott Petrinec <crazycro2@y...>
      wrote:
      > You mean the TTB right? the BATF no longer exists.
      > http://ttb.gov/alcohol/index.htm
      >
      > They still have to do alot of inspections for safety and
      inspections for the amount being produced. You have to have a tamper-
      proof meter installed that reads how much the still has produced.
      And they inspect it a couple times a year.

      > I am curious what is on the federal permit application. When you
      get it , let us know.

      > popwahtosh <popwahtosh@y...> wrote:
      > You can get a permit to make fuel alcohol at home. The feds are
      > beginning to relax the rules for home distilling of ethonal. You
      > don't even have to denature it anymore for use on your property
      and
      > if you don't sell it. They have also discontinued record keeping
      > requirments, from what I understand,and some other stuff. The BATF
      > is mailing me all the information and a permit application next
      > week. Will keep everyone informed.
      >
      > Pop
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "swillis3k" <swillis3k@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Since it is against federal to distill at home in the US, how
      > could someone that had an
      > > ultimate goal of comercially selling their product ever practice
      > making it??

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

    • Héctor A. Landaeta C.
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 30, 2004
        On 30/9/04 1:52 PM, "swillis3k" <swillis3k@...> wrote:

        > Since it is against federal to distill at home in the US, how could someone
        > that had an
        > ultimate goal of comercially selling their product ever practice making it??

        If US code doesn¹t provide for legal artisan distilleries (small as
        economically feasible, and that¹s quite small), you won¹t experience much
        advance in the spirits market. In fact that¹s the main reason you don¹t
        find and abundance of ³alternate² spirits or spirit based products in the US
        market place. It¹s not that there is no demand as liquor corporation try
        you to see, it¹s for lack of offer.
        As an aside, and if you allow for a stranger to place his opinion (and you
        should because if your State Department places you guys in the role of world
        cops, then we, the ³defended², should have a say) . I was just watching the
        presidential debate and I tell you, man, If between those two guys lays the
        leadership of ³world democracy² we¹re screwed! One is a complete ass (and
        it¹s not just the looks!) and the other says the right things at the start
        but then backs down because polls show negative reaction. I don¹t believe
        politics sucks, but this brand of it sure does!
        Salud!
        --
        Héctor Landaeta
        Colonia Tovar - Venezuela.

      • Peggy
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 30, 2004
          If you are referring to the permitting process listed on Robert Warren's
          fuel ethanol website, you must have your still approved. Please let us
          know more. These are very good changes and may relate to the new influx
          of people making their own fuel.

          Thank you for any updates.
          Peggy

          wrote:
          > Since it is against federal to distill at home in the US, how
          could someone that had an
          > ultimate goal of comercially selling their product ever practice
          making it??

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • popwahtosh
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 30, 2004
            The BATF does still exist, Scott. I spent a couple of hours on thier
            web site today.

            Pop

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>