Newbie

  • joneskds@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2000
      Hi all,

      Just got into distillation, I am a brewmaster by trade in the U.S.
      I am about to purchase a commercial 30 Ltr unit from Moonshine supplies
      in New Zealand. Any advice? I wish to make grain wash for whiskey, I
      also will make vodka and gin. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Dino
    • joneskds@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2000
        Brian,
        Could not find the geo cities link, it said the page does not exsist, Anyway
        I am brewing at a Brewpub(Small Brewery Restaurant)currently producing 5
        standard ales and lagers and one rotational tap throughout the seasons.
        Right now its German Hefe Wiezen, English Brown Ale, Strong Scotch Ale,
        Oatmeal Stout, Light Lager, and Czech Pilsner. I am producing 20 U.S.
        barrells per batch (620 U.S. gallons) all is consumed in the restaurant
        except for to go containers which are refillable 1/2 gallon jugs.
        I use mostly british and scottish malts and german wheat malt for the
        wheat beer. I use different yeasts cultures for all and brew true to style
        as possible. Anyone needing beer brewing help please ask.
        My equipment should arrive in three to five weeks and will be researching
        all info available in the meantime. All advice is greatly appreciated!
        Thanks,
        Dino
      • Amy & Scott
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
          Hi.
          I have been toying with the idea of trying my hand at distilling for
          a while now. I have done home wine and beer and this just seems like
          the next area to play in.

          Wondering if anyone has used the still shown at
          http://www.amazingstill.com/Amazingstill.pdf

          In the FAQ that i have read it says that you should remove the first
          bit and last bit of product. With this amazingstill.. do you go
          about it the same way?

          Any thoughts on this still and others are appreciated. The big thing
          for me is simplicity to start with. I am an avid DIYer but just want
          to have fun with this and don't want things to get too difficult for
          now. Having said that if i decide to try it i want to get a decent
          result.

          Thanks

          Scott