Re: [Distillers] Re: Just wondering

  • Derek Hamlet
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
      Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
      Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
      At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
      >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
      >many others before.
      >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      >

      >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
      >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
      >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
      >

      > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
      >

      > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
      > >wrote:
      > > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
      > >are many
      > > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
      > > > cigarette......:>)
      > > >

      > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
      > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Derek Hamlet
      Victoria, B.C.
    • Kim Walker
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
        do we really need all the political rhetoric......?????

        I respect your views but I find it offensive here.....

        Kim

        Derek Hamlet wrote:

        >Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
        >Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
        >At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
        > >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
        > >many others before.
        > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        > >

        > >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
        > >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
        > >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
        > >

        > > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
        > >

        > > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
        > > >are many
        > > > >

        > > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
        > > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        > >Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        >Derek Hamlet
        >Victoria, B.C.

        >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • Mike Purcell
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 3, 2004
          Derek;

          Hate to say it but I don't think any country the US has gone into in the
          past have been real lovers of Americans. I just don;t think any more people
          in Iraq hate the US more than before the invasion, in fact I'd say just the
          opposite. Don't get me wrong there is a real hatred over there from some but
          I think its a small minority of the people that can't see that things are
          gonna be better than before.

          Mike

          Quote from Derek;

          --