Re: [Distillers] Re: Open Flames Burner Power

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2004
      I am using a regular kitchen stove. I dont use propane cylinders.

      Whatever I wrote above is my subjective opinion
      There are no warranties of any kind
      Act on your own risk and finally...
      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...

    • Grayson Stewart
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2004
        > I am using a regular kitchen stove. I dont use propane cylinders.

        Then you should be able to use the information from the first post
        alone. Only difference between yours and mine is I use internal
        elements. The losses as you know are what is going to prevent you
        from arriving at say 3800 W for a 3800 W element.

        If you wanted to get really close, you could also well insulate
        everything and then follow through with the earlier diescription,
        but also calculate the energy to heat the amount of copper and
        stainless in the setup.
        specific heat of stainless steel=0.5 J/g C

        specific heat of copper = 0.385 J/g C

        mass of copper or stainless X temperature change X specific heat =
        Joules

        Joules divided by 3600 = Watthour

        Watthour times the duration to boilup = Watts used
        Everything else is heat wasted to heat your kitchen, stovetop, etc.
        Of course you wouldn't use the condensor during this boilup because
        that would draw out additional heat. I'm sure you realize that,
        just mentioning for others that may be reading the post.