Re: [Distillers] Re: Just wondering

  • Carter Cathey
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
      My father-in-law made his own schnapps while living in Saudi Arabia where
      the rules are pretty harsh on such things. He had some workers in his house
      to repair something and they found his stash and drank all of it. They
      smiled at him when they left knowing that he wasn't going to do anything
      about it because you sure can't call the authorities in Saudi and tell them
      that workers stole you illegal booze.

      It is funny because they all drank over there, but they were much more
      low-key about it and kept their "sins" out of the public eye.

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
        Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
        you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
        ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

        >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

        >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
        >wrote:
        > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
        >are many
        > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
        > > cigarette......:>)
        > >

        >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
        >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

      • Bradley Grace
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
          But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so many others before.

          Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
          you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
          ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

          >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

          >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
          >wrote:
          > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
          >are many
          > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
          > > cigarette......:>)
          > >

          >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
          >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Derek Hamlet
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
            Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
            Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
            At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
            >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
            >many others before.
            >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            >

            >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
            >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
            >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
            >

            > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
            >

            > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
            > >wrote:
            > > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
            > >are many
            > > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
            > > > cigarette......:>)
            > > >

            > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
            > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Derek Hamlet
            Victoria, B.C.
          • Kim Walker
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
              do we really need all the political rhetoric......?????

              I respect your views but I find it offensive here.....

              Kim

              Derek Hamlet wrote:

              >Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
              >Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
              >At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
              > >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
              > >many others before.
              > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              > >

              > >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
              > >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
              > >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
              > >

              > > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
              > >

              > > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
              > > >are many
              > > > >

              > > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
              > > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              >Derek Hamlet
              >Victoria, B.C.

              >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

            • Mike Purcell
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 3, 2004
                Derek;

                Hate to say it but I don't think any country the US has gone into in the
                past have been real lovers of Americans. I just don;t think any more people
                in Iraq hate the US more than before the invasion, in fact I'd say just the
                opposite. Don't get me wrong there is a real hatred over there from some but
                I think its a small minority of the people that can't see that things are
                gonna be better than before.

                Mike

                Quote from Derek;

                --