Re: Just wondering

  • pthoma_nz
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
      wrote:
      > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
      are many
      > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
      > cigarette......:>)

      These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
      selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

      snip < 105,000 Americans die annually from alcohol-related causes
      which could include everything from falls to drunk driving accidents
      to cirrhosis of the liver. For comparison sake, there are 365,000
      tobacco-related deaths in the U.S. each year >

      governments do things that are expediant... chopping off heads,
      lethal injection, legalisation....
    • Carter Cathey
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
        My father-in-law made his own schnapps while living in Saudi Arabia where
        the rules are pretty harsh on such things. He had some workers in his house
        to repair something and they found his stash and drank all of it. They
        smiled at him when they left knowing that he wasn't going to do anything
        about it because you sure can't call the authorities in Saudi and tell them
        that workers stole you illegal booze.

        It is funny because they all drank over there, but they were much more
        low-key about it and kept their "sins" out of the public eye.

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
          Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
          you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
          ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

          >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

          >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
          >wrote:
          > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
          >are many
          > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
          > > cigarette......:>)
          > >

          >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
          >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

        • Bradley Grace
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
            But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so many others before.

            Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
            you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
            ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

            >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

            >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
            >wrote:
            > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
            >are many
            > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
            > > cigarette......:>)
            > >

            >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
            >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Derek Hamlet
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
              Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
              Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
              At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
              >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
              >many others before.
              >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              >

              >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
              >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
              >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
              >

              > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
              >

              > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
              > >wrote:
              > > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
              > >are many
              > > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
              > > > cigarette......:>)
              > > >

              > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
              > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Derek Hamlet
              Victoria, B.C.
            • Kim Walker
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                do we really need all the political rhetoric......?????

                I respect your views but I find it offensive here.....

                Kim

                Derek Hamlet wrote:

                >Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
                >Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
                >At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
                > >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
                > >many others before.
                > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                > >

                > >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                > >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                > >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
                > >

                > > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
                > >

                > > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                > > >are many
                > > > >

                > > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                > > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                > >

                >Derek Hamlet
                >Victoria, B.C.

                >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

              • Mike Purcell
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 3, 2004
                  Derek;

                  Hate to say it but I don't think any country the US has gone into in the
                  past have been real lovers of Americans. I just don;t think any more people
                  in Iraq hate the US more than before the invasion, in fact I'd say just the
                  opposite. Don't get me wrong there is a real hatred over there from some but
                  I think its a small minority of the people that can't see that things are
                  gonna be better than before.

                  Mike

                  Quote from Derek;

                  --