Re: Just wondering

  • pthoma_nz
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rodmacd2000" <rmacdoug@r...>
      wrote:
      > But work a financial/stock scam yielding multi multi millions and
      the
      > worst you face is a mild slap on the wrist - easy to take
      considering
      > that if you have any sense many of those millions will have been
      > safely stashed where government agencies can't find them.
      >
      > This applies to all of our Western "civilized" countries (well
      maybe
      > not Kiwiland) - not just the U.S.

      Exactly the same happens here. A couple of companies are being
      investigated at the mo for 4.5 billion tax evasion... I bet they get
      off scott free...
    • Levi Langershank
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
        ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there are many
        who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
        cigarette......:>)

        >From: "rodmacd2000" <rmacdoug@...>
        >
        >The trick is to be selective about which laws to ignore. Yes you can
        >get royally screwed for growing or smoking a few dollars worth of
        >weed (haven't heard any credable evidence re. those caught by
        >revenoors for distilling a few jugs of booze).
        >
        >But work a financial/stock scam yielding multi multi millions and the
        >worst you face is a mild slap on the wrist - easy to take considering
        >that if you have any sense many of those millions will have been
        >safely stashed where government agencies can't find them.
        >
        >This applies to all of our Western "civilized" countries (well maybe
        >not Kiwiland) - not just the U.S.
        >
        >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whynda" <hstuiber@s...> wrote:
        > > Unfortunately Pop you live in a country the law takes great
        >delight
        > > in hounding people to the ends of the earth if it feels it has been
        > > cheated. People get 30 years gaol for smoking a banned substance,
        >so
        > >
        > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > > Does anyone know what the law says about home distilling in the
        >U.S.

      • pthoma_nz
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
          wrote:
          > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
          are many
          > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
          > cigarette......:>)

          These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
          selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

          snip < 105,000 Americans die annually from alcohol-related causes
          which could include everything from falls to drunk driving accidents
          to cirrhosis of the liver. For comparison sake, there are 365,000
          tobacco-related deaths in the U.S. each year >

          governments do things that are expediant... chopping off heads,
          lethal injection, legalisation....
        • Carter Cathey
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
            My father-in-law made his own schnapps while living in Saudi Arabia where
            the rules are pretty harsh on such things. He had some workers in his house
            to repair something and they found his stash and drank all of it. They
            smiled at him when they left knowing that he wasn't going to do anything
            about it because you sure can't call the authorities in Saudi and tell them
            that workers stole you illegal booze.

            It is funny because they all drank over there, but they were much more
            low-key about it and kept their "sins" out of the public eye.

            > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there are many
            > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
            > cigarette......:>)
            >

            > >From: "rodmacd2000" <rmacdoug@...>
            > >
            > >The trick is to be selective about which laws to ignore. Yes you can
            > >get royally screwed for growing or smoking a few dollars worth of
            > >weed (haven't heard any credable evidence re. those caught by
            > >revenoors for distilling a few jugs of booze).
            > >
            > >But work a financial/stock scam yielding multi multi millions and the
            > >worst you face is a mild slap on the wrist - easy to take considering
            > >that if you have any sense many of those millions will have been
            > >safely stashed where government agencies can't find them.
            > >
            > >This applies to all of our Western "civilized" countries (well maybe
            > >not Kiwiland) - not just the U.S.
            > >
            > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whynda" <hstuiber@s...> wrote:
            > > > Unfortunately Pop you live in a country the law takes great
            > >delight
            > > > in hounding people to the ends of the earth if it feels it has been
            > > > cheated. People get 30 years gaol for smoking a banned substance,
            > >so
            > > >
            > > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
            > >U.S.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Levi Langershank
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
              Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
              you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
              ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

              >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

              >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
              >wrote:
              > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
              >are many
              > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
              > > cigarette......:>)
              > >

              >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
              >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

            • Bradley Grace
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so many others before.

                Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

                >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

                >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                >wrote:
                > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
                >are many
                > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
                > > cigarette......:>)
                > >

                >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Derek Hamlet
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                  Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
                  Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
                  At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
                  >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
                  >many others before.
                  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  >

                  >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                  >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                  >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
                  >

                  > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
                  >

                  > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                  > >wrote:
                  > > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
                  > >are many
                  > > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
                  > > > cigarette......:>)
                  > > >

                  > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                  > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Derek Hamlet
                  Victoria, B.C.
                • Kim Walker
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                    do we really need all the political rhetoric......?????

                    I respect your views but I find it offensive here.....

                    Kim

                    Derek Hamlet wrote:

                    >Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
                    >Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
                    >At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
                    > >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
                    > >many others before.
                    > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    > >

                    > >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                    > >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                    > >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
                    > >

                    > > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
                    > >

                    > > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                    > > >are many
                    > > > >

                    > > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                    > > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                    > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                    > >

                    >Derek Hamlet
                    >Victoria, B.C.

                    >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
                    >

                    >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

                  • Mike Purcell
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 3, 2004
                      Derek;

                      Hate to say it but I don't think any country the US has gone into in the
                      past have been real lovers of Americans. I just don;t think any more people
                      in Iraq hate the US more than before the invasion, in fact I'd say just the
                      opposite. Don't get me wrong there is a real hatred over there from some but
                      I think its a small minority of the people that can't see that things are
                      gonna be better than before.

                      Mike

                      Quote from Derek;

                      --