Re: Thoughts on Ray Toms Moonshine Still... my next choice?

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      You should specify a bit more what type of still you want. Here's few
      questions:
      Do you make neutral ethanol or flavored drinks (whiskey, rum,
      brandies)?
      Do you want to sit by the still and take samples to decide the
      perfect cut, or do you just want to flip the switch and let pure
      ethanol run to the collection vessel?
      What's your typical mash size?
      Do you want to carbon filter or have pure stuff out of your still?
      How long should one run take?
      Do you want water or air cooled?

      Answer those and we can specify a rig for you to build.

      If you want to buy the still pda-1 from http://www.amphora-
      society.com/ is the best design currently available.

      Greetz, Riku