Re: Just wondering

  • whynda
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
      Unfortunately Pop you live in a country the law takes great delight
      in hounding people to the ends of the earth if it feels it has been
      cheated. People get 30 years gaol for smoking a banned substance, so
      don't be under any illusion that they will overlook your couple of
      gallons of hooch. the beast advice as several other people have
      already told you is to keep it all under your hat until such time as
      the regulations are relaxed.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
      wrote:
      > Does anyone know what the law says about home distilling in the U.S.
      > or where one might find a copy? I know you can own a still...just
      > can't use it to make spirits without a permit. My main questions
      > are...do they have to catch you in the act or can they just use home
      > made spirits that they find on your property as evidence to convict
      > you? And, at what point does it become a felony?
      >
      > Common sense tells one that with all the 'drug runners'
      > and 'terrorist' running amonk, they really don't give a ratsass if
      > I'm making a couple of gallons of 'shine per year out in the chicken
      > house. Nor do they have the time or money to investigate, obtain a
      > search warrent, and put me on trial for months. At least, not for my
      > little pissant operation.
      >
      > Besides, it's going to be tough for them to figure out which 2 days
      > per year I'm running the still and where my gallon jug is hidden
      >
      > I was wondering too, if anybody has acually talked to any law
      > inforcement people or lawyers to get their take on any of this.
      >
      > Just wondering,
      >
      > Pop
    • rodmacd2000
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
        The trick is to be selective about which laws to ignore. Yes you can
        get royally screwed for growing or smoking a few dollars worth of
        weed (haven't heard any credable evidence re. those caught by
        revenoors for distilling a few jugs of booze).

        But work a financial/stock scam yielding multi multi millions and the
        worst you face is a mild slap on the wrist - easy to take considering
        that if you have any sense many of those millions will have been
        safely stashed where government agencies can't find them.

        This applies to all of our Western "civilized" countries (well maybe
        not Kiwiland) - not just the U.S.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whynda" <hstuiber@s...> wrote:
        > Unfortunately Pop you live in a country the law takes great
        delight
        > in hounding people to the ends of the earth if it feels it has been
        > cheated. People get 30 years gaol for smoking a banned substance,
        so

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Does anyone know what the law says about home distilling in the
        U.S.
      • pthoma_nz
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rodmacd2000" <rmacdoug@r...>
          wrote:
          > But work a financial/stock scam yielding multi multi millions and
          the
          > worst you face is a mild slap on the wrist - easy to take
          considering
          > that if you have any sense many of those millions will have been
          > safely stashed where government agencies can't find them.
          >
          > This applies to all of our Western "civilized" countries (well
          maybe
          > not Kiwiland) - not just the U.S.

          Exactly the same happens here. A couple of companies are being
          investigated at the mo for 4.5 billion tax evasion... I bet they get
          off scott free...
        • Levi Langershank
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
            ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there are many
            who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
            cigarette......:>)

            >From: "rodmacd2000" <rmacdoug@...>
            >
            >The trick is to be selective about which laws to ignore. Yes you can
            >get royally screwed for growing or smoking a few dollars worth of
            >weed (haven't heard any credable evidence re. those caught by
            >revenoors for distilling a few jugs of booze).
            >
            >But work a financial/stock scam yielding multi multi millions and the
            >worst you face is a mild slap on the wrist - easy to take considering
            >that if you have any sense many of those millions will have been
            >safely stashed where government agencies can't find them.
            >
            >This applies to all of our Western "civilized" countries (well maybe
            >not Kiwiland) - not just the U.S.
            >
            >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whynda" <hstuiber@s...> wrote:
            > > Unfortunately Pop you live in a country the law takes great
            >delight
            > > in hounding people to the ends of the earth if it feels it has been
            > > cheated. People get 30 years gaol for smoking a banned substance,
            >so
            > >
            > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > > Does anyone know what the law says about home distilling in the
            >U.S.

          • pthoma_nz
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 1, 2004
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
              wrote:
              > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
              are many
              > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
              > cigarette......:>)

              These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
              selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

              snip < 105,000 Americans die annually from alcohol-related causes
              which could include everything from falls to drunk driving accidents
              to cirrhosis of the liver. For comparison sake, there are 365,000
              tobacco-related deaths in the U.S. each year >

              governments do things that are expediant... chopping off heads,
              lethal injection, legalisation....
            • Carter Cathey
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                My father-in-law made his own schnapps while living in Saudi Arabia where
                the rules are pretty harsh on such things. He had some workers in his house
                to repair something and they found his stash and drank all of it. They
                smiled at him when they left knowing that he wasn't going to do anything
                about it because you sure can't call the authorities in Saudi and tell them
                that workers stole you illegal booze.

                It is funny because they all drank over there, but they were much more
                low-key about it and kept their "sins" out of the public eye.

                > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there are many
                > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
                > cigarette......:>)
                >

                > >From: "rodmacd2000" <rmacdoug@...>
                > >
                > >The trick is to be selective about which laws to ignore. Yes you can
                > >get royally screwed for growing or smoking a few dollars worth of
                > >weed (haven't heard any credable evidence re. those caught by
                > >revenoors for distilling a few jugs of booze).
                > >
                > >But work a financial/stock scam yielding multi multi millions and the
                > >worst you face is a mild slap on the wrist - easy to take considering
                > >that if you have any sense many of those millions will have been
                > >safely stashed where government agencies can't find them.
                > >
                > >This applies to all of our Western "civilized" countries (well maybe
                > >not Kiwiland) - not just the U.S.
                > >
                > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whynda" <hstuiber@s...> wrote:
                > > > Unfortunately Pop you live in a country the law takes great
                > >delight
                > > > in hounding people to the ends of the earth if it feels it has been
                > > > cheated. People get 30 years gaol for smoking a banned substance,
                > >so
                > > >
                > > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@y...>
                > >U.S.

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Levi Langershank
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                  Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                  you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                  ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

                  >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

                  >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                  >wrote:
                  > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
                  >are many
                  > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
                  > > cigarette......:>)
                  > >

                  >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                  >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                • Bradley Grace
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                    But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so many others before.

                    Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                    you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                    ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)

                    >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>

                    >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                    >wrote:
                    > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
                    >are many
                    > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
                    > > cigarette......:>)
                    > >

                    >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                    >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Derek Hamlet
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                      Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
                      Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
                      At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
                      >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
                      >many others before.
                      >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      >

                      >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                      >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                      >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
                      >

                      > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
                      >

                      > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                      > >wrote:
                      > > > ...as opposed to many Eastern un-civilized countries where there
                      > >are many
                      > > > who would cut your head off for drinking alcohol or smoking a
                      > > > cigarette......:>)
                      > > >

                      > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                      > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Derek Hamlet
                      Victoria, B.C.
                    • Kim Walker
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 2, 2004
                        do we really need all the political rhetoric......?????

                        I respect your views but I find it offensive here.....

                        Kim

                        Derek Hamlet wrote:

                        >Y'all can't provide freedom via military invasion.
                        >Just doesn't work. All you end up with is yet one more country that hates you.
                        >At 11:02 AM 02/09/2004, you wrote:
                        > >But if they do, it's because of freedom, provided by us, for free, like so
                        > >many others before.
                        > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        > >

                        > >Its called FREEDOM...its not perfect but it as close as its gonna get...when
                        > >you decide to move to Afganistan etc,I will gladly donate towards a one-way
                        > >ticket....you probably wont be coming back...:>)
                        > >

                        > > >From: "pthoma_nz" <pthoma_nz@...>
                        > >

                        > > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Levi Langershank" <unit_77@h...>
                        > > >are many
                        > > > >

                        > > >These kind western countries are killing you just as surely by
                        > > >selling you cigarettes.... and selling booze...

                        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                        > >

                        >Derek Hamlet
                        >Victoria, B.C.

                        >FAQ and other information at http://homedistiller.org
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

                      • Mike Purcell
                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 3, 2004
                          Derek;

                          Hate to say it but I don't think any country the US has gone into in the
                          past have been real lovers of Americans. I just don;t think any more people
                          in Iraq hate the US more than before the invasion, in fact I'd say just the
                          opposite. Don't get me wrong there is a real hatred over there from some but
                          I think its a small minority of the people that can't see that things are
                          gonna be better than before.

                          Mike

                          Quote from Derek;

                          --