Re: Need Help Still Wont work

  • w_upnorth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2004
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rob91352" <rob91352@y...> wrote:
      > I'm new to this. I built a distilling apratus and it seems to be to
      > large and will not function. It consists of a spin type pool filter
      > canister mounted verticle instead of horizontal, a turkey fryer
      > burner and a glass graham condenser. So the out of the filer is TDC
      > out of a small 1/2" or so pipe that sticks down about 2" into the
      > pot, off to the side is a monstrous thermometer and that is it. I
      > heat this puppy up to 120 deg and nothing happens, then I heat it up
      > to about 150 and only get a few drops to form, alot in the tubing
      > (about 2.5 feet long). The top of the filter canister hardly gets
      > warm even though I can get the fluid boiling in the pot, the tubing
      > it cool and so is the condenser. the only thing I can think of is the
      > fluid is condensing inside the filter and not comming out. I used a
      > friend small pot and it works fine with my fluid and condenser. I
      > have been filling the canister up to about 3 in below the seems in
      > the canister which ends up being about 12 gallons. I have pressure
      > tested the canister and it holds pressure,, what to do???
      Hi I have a few questions and comments for you.

      1: If it doesn't boil it will not produce enough vapor for your system
      to operate
      2: It must be open to atmospheric presser at the end of condenser so
      that your pot dose not build pressure.
      3: Is there enough head space in your pot so that you are not forcing
      fluid up your column?
      4: The tube "about 2.5 feet long", is it between your pot and
      condenser? If so what size is it?
      5: Is it possible to send a pic of your set up?
      I hope you get up and running safely soon.
      W_upnorth