RE: [Distillers] Results of first run

  • Ted Sims
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2001
      I don't think that using a reflux design necessarily
      negates the use of a malt wash. I think it depends on
      how you use the still. I don't think it matters
      technically whether you use a pot still or a reflux
      still, if when using a reflux still you save the right
      "fractions". This is the essence of what I am trying
      to achieve. I am trying to duplicate the results
      roughly equivalent of running three times through a
      pot still, by using a reflux still, saving the
      "fractions" separately, and recombining them in an
      appropriate way. I collected almost neutral spirit
      below 80 degrees, and strongly smelling (but not
      off-smelling) spirit up to about 84 degrees. I am
      going to combine everything I saved below 84 degrees,
      and see if it will make decent whiskey after it is
      matured.
      Is this logical or am I missing something?

      Ted

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/TtO.UB/YKfCAA/tvCFAA/ePJVlB/TM

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/